For centuries, Grabarka Holy Mountain has been a destination for Orthodox pilgrims. Its oldest history is unknown.
The mountain became famous in 1710, when the cholera epidemic raged in Podlasie. At that time, an old man had a dream of a nearby hill as a place of rescue. People in faith followed God's voice and brought the crosses. They drank the spring water as they prayed. According to the chronicle of the Siemiatycze parish, apporximately 10.000 people were saved from the disease. To thank God for the miracle, they raised a wooden chapel of Transfiguration of Jesus. The orthodox church was rebuilt, renovated, embellished on a number of occassions, survived until 1990 when it was set on fire and burned to the ground. The new church was consecrated in 1998. It was made of brick.
From 2000, there is the Iveran Icon of the Mother of God written on the Holy Mountain of Atos, given to commemorate 2000 years of Christianity.
For hundreds of years, people have been coming here to ask and pray for help. They leave their crosses carrying their personal worries, sorrows and joys. They come here to find relief, joy, comfort and strength.
The main pilgrimages come to the Holy Mountain for the feast of the Transfiguration of Jesus (August 18-19), but the faithful, pilgrims and tourists come here all year round.
The Holy Mountain is also called "Orthodox Częstochowa". This name emphasizes the special character of this place, which is very important for the entire Orthodox community living in our country.